Sunday, December 2, 2012

Review: Ted

Seth McFarlane is no household name, as he delivered one of the most funniest shows on TV. So can his directorial debut appeal to the audiences or should he just remain on the television?



Synopsis:
Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane brings his boundary-pushing brand of humor to the big screen for the first time as writer, director and voice star of Ted. In the live action/CG-animated comedy, he tells the story of John Bennett (Mark Wahlberg), a grown man who must deal with the cherished teddy bear who came to life as the result of a childhood wish...and has refused to leave his side ever since.

Story:
The story is not exactly groundbreaking as it felt like a spin-off from one of McFarlane's shows. The story is not well-written but the lines are funny as hell which saved this movie from being bad. Ted will definitely be liked by the fans of McFarlane but if not, this movie might not be your cup of tea.

Performances:
I liked Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis' performance here, it was very natural and it actually made me believe that they are a couple, there is a connection between their characters. Seth McFarlane's voice also was a total fit for Ted so I have no problem with that. But the one who really stood up to me was Sam J. Jones' cameo, every scene he weas in, he always cracked me up! 'Death to Ming!!'.

VFX:
The effects on Ted was good to look at, sometimes he was believable but sometimes not.

Soundtrack:
I never really mind the soundtrack,the only one who got my attention awas Queen's 'Flash'.

Cinematography:
Ehhh, nothing special.

Direction:
Seth McFarlane delivered some funny moments but like I previously stated, it felt like a spin-off from one his shows. This can also work for me if it was just an animated special from Family Guy or American Dad.

Overall:
This movie disappointed me but it still gave me some few laughs. Sam J.Jones' cameo, Kunis and Wahlberg's performance somehow saved thismovie for me. I give it a 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment