Monday, July 1, 2013

"Qweekly" Reviews #3

Yeah I changed my weekly reviews title, why? 'Cause of no reason at all. So it's been a while since I last posted my weekly reviews (sorry) and now here's my lazy take on films which I saw the past week. Check it out below!




Rush Hour Trilogy (1998, 20001, 2007; Brett Ratner)- I liked this trilogy, the chemistry of Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan was amazing and the performances of both of them was good, that said each installment is lacking in storytelling. I also loved the jokes in these movies. I give each of them a 3/5.

Mean Girls (2004, Mark Waters)- This is the time when Lindsay Lohan was still a likeable individual but that not these days (WTF happened to her?!). I liked the story in this film and I liked the acting of the cast especially Rachel McAdams, she completely outshines everyone. Yeah I'm a guy and I like this film, any problems? 3.5/5 for me.

Paul (2011, Greg Motolla)- I love Motolla's work and to top that off with the amazing duo of Pegg and Frost what more can you get? Oh that's right, Seth Rogen as an Alien, I loved this film and I loved the story and the actors, that said though the final act kinda went down for me. I give this a solid 4/5

Gran Torino (2008, Clint Eastwood)- Three words, Clint f*cking Eastwood. 4.5/5

50/50 (2011, Jonathan Levine)-This movie made me laugh. made me cry and most of all it made me care for the characters. That's how you make a hard-hitting dramedy. One of my faves back in 2011, a 4.5/5 for me.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007, Tim Burton)- An amazing musical with awesome visuals and performances. Depp really outshines in this role as he was able to show his talent much more. 4.5/5 for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment